Careers at Visual Magnetics
Senior Project Manager
Are you an expert planner and communicator? Would you love to work for a company that is revolutionizing the way people use walls in some of the most innovative and collaborative spaces in NYC and beyond?
Visual Magnetics is looking for a Senior Project Manager who is excited to be client facing and to be managing installation projects through the entire lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to bring Visual Magnetics technology to life in a wide range of spaces.
As the demand for our award-winning magnetic wallcovering product increases, we are looking for someone who can help us streamline projects and drive future opportunities as we continue to scale. This position is a great fit for someone who likes to accomplish hands-on, multifaceted projects and who likes a new challenge each day!
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for improving communication between departments and internal and external groups when working on projects together. This will be accomplished by serving as a liaison who communicates and facilitates feedback and evaluations from one group to another to ensure the following criteria are met.
Location New York, NY
Initial Project Management Expectations
• Develop a high level of expertise for all Visual Magnetics products (including Dynamic Spaces), the application and the installation process.
• Develop, enhance and deliver company protocols and documents for delivering project quotes for Dynamic Spaces in A&D industry.
• Develop, enhance and deliver a project brief document that will be used to spell out, to all parties, the requirements of the project, duties and the ultimate expected outcome.
• Be a leader in using Project Management systems to keep track of people and processes for projects.
• Take complete ownership of each project, from start to finish, including elements that have been delegated.
Day–to-day Project Management Responsibilities
• Manage all US and International A&D Dynamic Spaces projects (billable, non-billable & strategic) through the entire lifecycle: inception to follow up. This includes creating all work orders, managing the internal and external individuals working on the projects (working both cross-functionally as well as with contractors, installers and general contractors), acting as an ongoing account manager to clients and conducting on-site visits regularly.
• Manage project scheduling, staffing/productivity, budgets and track financial performance of projects.
• Manage NYC showroom schedule and take appointments for all purposes including involvement in the sales process for VM Products.
• Organize the various individuals working on a project internally and externally. Work with regard for individual and departmental capabilities and responsibilities and how they may differ by project.
• Work with all groups assigned to assist in a project and posses a solid understanding of the limitations a department might have. Understand how a group's resources can benefit other departments within the organization.
• Stay up-to-date on active jobs where Visual Magnetics is specced and be proactive about contacting appropriate parties regarding the potential opportunities.
• Stay abreast of relevant industry news, related events, publications, and announcements.
• Use market intelligence to proactively seek out new opportunities to stimulate new business.
• Actively participate at industry events outside of standard business hours and on short notice.
Ongoing Reporting Activities
• Keep Director informed in real-time of problems that may affect outcome of a project. Provide project status updates periodically and as necessary.
• Deliver quarterly project reports on activities, goals and milestones in presentation format to the entire VM executive team.
• Travel, often on short notice, domestically and internationally as required by the needs of the business.
• Participate in trade show activity as required by the needs of the business.
• Work with appropriate VM Team members to develop and manage a network of trained installers in various US regions and markets for A&D applications.
• Recruit, mentor and coach project management team.
• Perform any tasks as needed and/or as directed by the needs of the business or management.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred: major in Architecture or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 5-8 years work experience required
• Experience in managing communications, cost, staff, change, scope, and risk associated with project assignments
• Must have proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on various types of projects.
• Must have extensive knowledge of design and planning standards.
• Must be highly motivated and organized
• Must be highly skilled at independently trouble-shooting and problems solving.
• Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and grace.
• Must be self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-past and constantly evolving environment with the drive to improve processes
• Must be assertive and proactive with proven results in successful project management while maintaining a collaborative personality with team members
• Must have a track record of on time delivery and be able to independently manage shifting priorities and to multi-task
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite is a plus
• Must have the ability to quickly adapt to systems in use at VM for CRM and communications
Visual Magnetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer