Careers at Visual Magnetics
Project Manager (2 openings: Brooklyn, ny and Mendon, MA)
Are you an expert planner and communicator? Would you love to work for a company that is revolutionizing the way people use walls in some of the most innovative and collaborative spaces in NYC and beyond?
Visual Magnetics is looking for a Project Manager who is excited to be client facing and to be managing installation projects through the entire lifecycle. This is an exciting opportunity to bring Visual Magnetics technology to life in a wide range of spaces.
As the demand for our award-winning magnetic wallcovering product increases, we are looking for someone who can help us streamline projects and drive future opportunities as we continue to scale. This position is a great fit for someone who likes to accomplish hands-on, multifaceted projects and who likes a new challenge each day!
The Project Manager serves as a liaison who communicates and facilitates feedback and evaluations from one group to another to ensure the following criteria are met.
Location Brooklyn, NY and Mendon, MA (2 positions)
Initial Project Management Expectations
- Develop a high level of expertise for all Visual Magnetics products (including Dynamic Spaces), the application and the installation process.
- Develop, enhance and deliver company protocols and documents for delivering project quotes for Dynamic Spaces in A&D industry.
- Be a leader in using Project Management systems to keep track of people and processes for projects.
Day–to-day Project Management Responsibilities
- Manage all US and International A&D Dynamic Spaces projects (billable and non-billable) through the entire lifecycle: inception to follow up. This includes creating all work orders, managing the internal and external individuals working on the projects, acting as an ongoing account manager to clients and conducting onsite visits on an as-needed basis.
- Manage NYC showroom schedule and take appointments for all purposes including involvement in the sales process for VM Products.
- Contribute to establishing and refining processes where deemed necessary to continually improve upon overall efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date on active jobs where Visual Magnetics is specced and be proactive about contacting appropriate parties regarding the potential opportunities.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry news, related events, publications, and announcements.
- Use market intelligence to proactively seek out new opportunities to stimulate new business.
- Actively participate at industry events outside of standard business hours and on short notice.
Ongoing Reporting Activities
- Keep a open line of communication in real-time with manager of problems that may affect the outcome of a project. Provide project status updates periodically and as necessary.
- Deliver quarterly project reports on activities, goals and milestones in presentation format.
- Ability to travel frequently, often on short notice, domestically and internationally as required by the needs of the business.
- Participate in trade show activity as required by the needs of the business.
- Perform tasks as needed and/or as directed by the needs of the business or management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; major in Architecture or Civil Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of 2-3 yearsrelevant work experience required.
- Must have prior experience managing a team with multiple direct reports.
- Must have experience in managing communications, cost, team members, change, scope, and risk associated with project assignments.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-past and constantly evolving environment with the drive to improve processes.
- Must be assertive and proactive with proven results in successful project management while maintaining a collaborative personality with team members.
- Must have a track record of on time delivery and be able to independently manage shifting priorities and to multi-task.
- Must be highly skilled at independently trouble-shooting and problems solving.
- Must have proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Keynote. Proficiency with Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Must have the ability to quickly adapt to systems in use at VM for CRM and communications.
- Each employee is a face of Visual Magnetics and must be willing to appear in brand videos and photography as needed
- Passion for Visual Magnetics product and opportunities is a MUST! We love what we do here!
Visual Magnetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer