Careers at Visual Magnetics
FABRICATOR / Installer (FULL-TIME)
Are you an experienced fabricator and installer who is eager to be on a team? There has been a surge in demand for our award-winning magnetic wall covering product, creating a great opportunity to be a part of this emerging and quickly growing market. Visual Magnetics is a materials innovation company focused on transformative, magnetic surface design for walls.
Location: Mendon, MA
Position Description: The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to provide outstanding service to our customers. Warehouse experience, a well round trades person who has skills in fabrication, wallcoverings, wood working using a range of materials, such as paint, vinyl, magnet and graphics.
• Install Visual Magnetics products and finished graphics on wall surfaces and panel fixtures utilizing Visual Magnetics recommended techniques in various environments (commercial and residential).
• Work closely with the Production Manager, Project Manager and customer to efficiently plan, set up and execute installations in a timely manner.
• Have an understanding of the project scope, ability to create take-offs, drawings, timing, materials and customer communications, for multiple projects.
• Act as an on-demand fabricator in the headquarter office (Mendon).
• Provide proactive and immediate feedback if there is an issue to the Project Manager
• Provide on-site installation feedback and information that could lead to improved installation techniques.
• Wallcovering Installation to include Wall Murals, Paint, Graphics, Peel & Stick, Double Cuts
• Required to be on your feet for long periods of time, work off of ladders/staging & lift up to 60lbs.
• The installer will need to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required to this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must take direction well, be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to travel, may include weekends, evenings
• Mandatory random drug testing
• Must have a High School Diploma
• Must have professional experience in fabrication using wood, metals and plastics, and on-site installations
• Experience in wood/fixture fabrication (including laminating materials) required and wallpaper hanging, interior wall painting and graphic installation experience is highly preferred
• Must have a strong working understanding of shop drawings and architectural plans
• Must be highly detail oriented, a problem solver, show initiative, have excellent follow through and have an aptitude to learn
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task, work well in busy construction environments, work independently, manage multiple priorities and to remain positive under tight deadlines
• Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Maintain a professional manner on the job site
• Must be able to maintain a clean and orderly work environment
• Must be willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Strong work ethic & trustworthy
The work environment characteristics described in this job description may vary from site to site, but most will be representative of those an installer would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high if power tools are in use.
Job Type: Full-Time
Visual Magnetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer